Monday, February 13, 2012

Our Love Story...

Since tomorrow is Valentine's Day, I thought I would link up with From Mrs. to Mama and share J and I's love story!
1. How long have you and your significant other been together? We've been together for 6 years (it will be 7 in October) and married for a little over 2 years.
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?} We met on my 24th birthday, October 26, 2005. We were introduced through mutual friends who had been sneakily trying to set us up for a few weeks. They used my birthday as an excuse to throw a party so we could meet and the rest is sort of history. We pretty much started dating right away after we met that night.
3. If married, how long have you been married? {do tell} We've been married just about 2.5 years. Our wedding was September 5, 2009 (Best day of my LIFE!) 4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? We got married in a Historic Park and Gardens in our town. It was on the water and we got married in the garden and then had our reception under a tent on the grounds. We had about 150 people at our wedding, so it was pretty average sized. 5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share! We really don't have too many nicknames. Sometimes I call him by his full name and he will occasionally call me Babe, but we're not really big into nicknames I guess.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. #1 - He is always positive and is able to cheer me up whenever I need it. #2 - He is the most hardworking person I've ever met. Whether it's projects around the house, his job or really anything. #3 - He is really into family and he loves my family as much as his.
7. Tell us how he proposed? We had a low-key engagement, which is perfect for us. We got engaged on November 14, 2008, which was just a random Friday. It was gross and rainy out, but Jake suggested we go to dinner at this little cafe that we eat at quite a bit. He was pretty calm and collected for all of the dinner. He insisted we get dessert and coffee, which was sort of unusual (I think he was getting nervous and wanted to stall!).

After dinner, he suggested we take a walk through town and I said no since it was cold and rainy, but he was very persistent. So we walked and ended up at this waterfront park. All the sudden he grabbed my arm and was down on one knee. I have no idea what he even said, but all the sudden he had the most beautiful ring! Again, the details are pretty fuzzy because I was in shock but I'm pretty sure I said yes at some point. Then we called our families (who obviously knew it was happening) and then stopped over at my BFF's K's house (she was also in on it) where she had champagne waiting for us to celebrate!
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals? Umm neither? We really don't do much for Valentine's Day and that's ok with me. Normally we just exchange cards and maybe some candy.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? Can I say both? haha. We are big homebodies and prefer to stay home and relax, but I do love getting dressed up and going to dinner or out to get a drink.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? I'd love to take a 2 or 3 week trip and travel to Australia, Fiji and Bali - just relaxing on the beach and traveling around to see the islands. I guess that will have to wait until after our kid(s) are much older! But one day!11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. We always cook the same meal on Valentine's Day as a special treat. Lamp Chops and Sweet Pea Risotto with black cherry balsamic reduction. It's the only day of the year we eat this and it's always fun to cook together. Then just sitting in our pj's and relaxing!
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? This is the preggo in me talking, but we are going to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast on Valentine's Day because ever since I saw the commercial for the chocolate heart shaped donut, I've been craving it! So I guess I'm asking for a donut?? HA!13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. I think I would have to say respecting each other. We don't always get along and obviously have our fights, but I respect everything J says and thinks and he does the same for me. We have our own opinions, but try to stay open to the other person's feelings/thoughts and I think that's super important.14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
This picture is from Christmas, I was 18 weeks pregnant and we had just found out that we were having a baby boy! I can't wait for our little family to grow and I think 2012 will be our most exciting year ever!!

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Ally said...

Beautiful story and lovely pics! :)

College Dating said...

Aww.The two of you look cute together. Great love story! God bless the both of you in your lives together as husband and wife. :') I was really inspired after reading your post.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs