Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Kitchen: A Fun Surprise

Let's be honest - my husband is really the one doing this kitchen project. I help when I can, like handing him tools while he's underneath the sink cabinet and doing easy projects, (painting, grouting). But it's him who is leveling the cabinets, drilling the microwave into place, etc.

But I wanted one project for myself and I finally got started on it, now that our cabinets are in place (we're just waiting for HD to come install the countertops at this point). I decided that I really wanted to find some fun shelf liner paper to pop out against the white cabinets. A quick internet research led me to ChicShelfpaper.com. They have HUNDREDS of patterns and I easily found the one that I loved that went perfectly with our semi-beachy kitchen. I ordered it (4 rolls - and I may need more, eek!) and got to work with installing it. I'm about 50% done with the cabinets and drawers and so far, I'm in love with how it looks!The color/pattern I picked is called "Cross Me Seaglass" and it matched our wall color so well. I love the slight geometric print as well, it make it a little bit modern. Here's a close-up - it has various shades of teals, blues and greens with the white background.
Here it is in one of the cabinets - it makes me smile to open them to see this fun pop of color!

And even though installing shelf liner is not back breaking work like cabinetry, it's still a ton of work to measure, cut and smooth out all that paper! I ordered the option with the self adhesive on the back and I've been very pleased with the quality of the paper and how smooth it goes down.

So that's my "fun" contribution to the kitchen! I can't wait to start putting all our kitchen stuff back away in the cabinets!

6 comments:

MCW said...

That looks adorable. Can't wait to see the finished kitchen!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

What a cute touch!

Ally said...

Fun and very preppy too!

SkinnyMeg said...

I love it! I 'm totally going to order some for some of my furniture redos!

Christi's Chirps said...

I love this! Such a great idea. I really enjoy your blog!

http://christischirps.blogspot.com/

...just another preppy shopaholic said...

Wow, so many choices! How exciting, thanks for sharing about the cabinet inserts.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs