Monday, May 10, 2010

Busy Busy!

We spent most of our weekend gardening. Our entire yard is basically a hot mess, so we are trying to make it less ugly. It's a slow process. We have a small fenced back yard (it's actually a pretty large yard for a townhouse) and we spent most of Sunday weeding along the outside of the fence, which is about 40 feet long. Because our house is on the corner of our cul-de-sac, I feel like we need to step it up and make the yard look really good since everyone drives and walks past it. 
Once again, I have no before pictures. I think it's because the before is just SO damn horrible, I didn't want to waste my time. I give more credit to J actually - he has seriously been busting his butt working on the yard pretty much every free second of his life. We cleared out about 7 large black trash bags and 1 big garbage can of weeds this weekend. Yeah, it was that bad. 

But now - the after!
Like I said, this would be far more impressive with a before picture. Let's just say you could barely see the fence before because there were so many weeds and vines growing on it. I nearly took my fingers off trying to remove an old dead thorny rose bush that had grown in between the board of the fence - OUCH! 

Basically we left what was growing there from before we moved in - seagrasses and some rose bushes. We pruned everything back. I hope the roses start blooming soon (you can see the one has started already). 

We still need to add a few more things in and we're still deciding what else we want to plant along the fence. We also will be spending next weekend putting in a metal edging all along the mulch to make the garden more distinct.  Also, we don't really have grass in our yard, mainly just dandelions and clover. We are still deciding how to handle growing grass in the yard. I of course want to drop some $$$ and just sod the entire thing and J is being more reasonable and wants to try and grow grass ourselves. We'll see. 
I also planted all our planters on the front porch - I love how they came out! I went with a dark pink/red and white scheme. I really like how it matches/accents our front door color. 

Happy Monday!

9 comments:

Ink Obsession Designs said...

It looks great! My big chore this weekend will be weeding. My backyard is a little scary right now and I have no idea how it got that way so quick!

KatiePerk said...

Looks good!! That is funny that we basically posted the same fence pic!! Just different states!

Unknown said...

Looks good!

LuvRedandWhite said...

Oh, you make me long to have a home to call my own :)

Hilary said...

It looks great!! I took on a major gardening project this year, too. I can't believe how much you can spend on flowers & such!!

AmyKristen said...

It looks really good. I'm impressed!

P*P*P said...

It looks great!! Good work!

Always Organizing said...

Looks great! All your hard work is paying off :)

prashant said...

It looks great!
indian classified site

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs