Thursday, November 5, 2009

A few party pics

I was a bad wife and I really didn't take too many pictures at Jake's party - I was too busy running around and making sure everything was going well with the party. But here are a few that I managed to get...
Jake's cake. This was one of my surprises to him - I found the cake toppers on Etsy, from the seller Bug & Boo. She makes custom cake and cupcake toppers and the most hilarious part is she can make photo toppers with a birthday hat photoshopped on. Highly recommended if you want something fun and unique for a party! She made me this whole set for a very good price and it was seriously the hit of the party! J about died when he saw his face on the cake. I had to do a FEW embarrassing things - you're only 30 once! Yeah, and I definitely did NOT make his cake - however, it was from the same lady who did our wedding cake and it was fabulous!
Blowing out his one candle - he didn't want us to sing, but we forced him. I only put one candle on it because I didn't want the paper toppers to catch fire!
This picture cracks me up - this is my mom talking to Spencer and telling her that she can't have any of the cake. My mom treats Spencer like a child - they are best friends because my mom usually gives her a million treats every time she sees her. She snuck her about 10 nilla wafers right after this picture.
The cake after we cut it - we left J's head on there for the rest of the night!

Opening presents - J's parents got him a handheld electric saw. Sounds boring, but he actually asked for it because we're going to be re-doing our bathroom and he needs it for that project (and probably a million other projects I will think of). We were cracking up because when he was playing with it, Spencer was going CRAZY over the noise it made - she seriously freaked out! I apparently thought it was the funniest thing in the world - yeah, I had a few glasses of wine at that point!
He would KILL me for this picture, but I had to take this one of him passed out on the couch after everyone left. Yikes!

Happy Almost FRIDAY! woo hoo!

5 comments:

coffee break said...

Looks like a a great party! Glad you had fun :)

Sandra said...

Looks like a great time!!

Green toys distributor said...

Happy birthday party,
Christmas festival is near so i suggest you great place from where you can buy Eco friendly gift and game.

AmyKristen said...

Fun party! I never remember to take enough pictures, EVER! :) Glad you got some good ones!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

The cake toppers are adorable! Great find.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs