Thursday, May 7, 2009

Finally!

So I have been agonizing over wedding shoes. I can't believe it's been so much harder to find shoes than anything else. I mean, I picked my dress out in 1 day. In fact, every other wedding decision has been super easy compared to the shoes! I had quite a bit of criteria for them...

1. I wanted them to be comfortable, but still cute.

2. They needed to have an ankle strap. I can't wear sling backs to save my life and I didn't want completely open backs because I didn't want them to slip off.

3. I wanted them to be strappy...meaning, no pumps or peep toes. I'm counting on 90 degree weather for the wedding...I don't want my feet to sweat.

4. No colored shoes. This was my mom's rule, not mine. I really wanted bright green shoes, but that got vetoed. Since my mom has pretty much gone along with every other decision I've made, I decided it wasn't worth fighting over shoes and I agreed to ivory ones.

5. I wanted to wear them all night (this goes back to the comfort criteria in #1). I don't want to change into flip flops or anything else...I want to wear these all night until our grand exit.

I ordered and returned about 4 pairs from various websites. None of them were right. I seriously have spent HOURS searching. Well I think I finally found them:

From J.Crew, obviously! I ordered these and they should be here tomorrow. Cross your fingers that they fit and are comfortable!

My favorite part about these shoes? The flower! My bridesmaids will be wearing a navy J.Crew flower belt, with their lemon yellow J.Crew dresses:

I love that it sort of ties it all in together! So I'm really hoping that these are the ones!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those shoes are beautiful! You made a great choice! I love the flower too! :D Praying that they fit and are comfortable! :)

Red and White Preppy said...

Love those shoes...fingers are crossed!

Wila (aka Ali) said...

Gorgeous! I love those shoes. I'd love to have them in black or hot pink to wear this summer!!! Great pick!

CAC muffin said...

I love the shoes! My fingers are crossed for you

Posh Peach said...

Love those shoes! I'll cross my fingers for you. Also loving those adorable invitations! Yay yay!

Posh Peach said...

P.S. I tagged you. Have a great weekend!!!

Jules said...

Those shoes are really cute! I'll keep my fingers crossed that they're comfortable too :)

Beth Dunn said...

Those shoes are awesome!!!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs