Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fabulous!!!

Exciting news on the wedding planning front....we're doing something super fun and unique for the reception!!! An Ice Cream Cart, full of yummy ice cream treats!!

I found a company that will deliver a cart full of ice cream "novelties" to your reception and guests can help themselves (or you can also pay them extra to have an attendant to pass them out - not sure which one we will do yet). 

Since the wedding is in early September and it will probably be HOT as you know what, I think this is such a good idea! Our caterer had offered to do like sorbet served with our cake, but we decided that would melt in like 2 seconds. I know you can also hire like Cold Stone Creamery to come to your reception and mix ice cream, but I also see that getting very melty and messy. 

I've obviously seen a bunch of weddings with tons of different ideas, but I've never seen ice cream treats like this at a wedding. Who wouldn't like to eat something cold after working up a sweat on the dance floor? 

Here's what the cart will look like...
And here's what it will be filled with...
Well not all of that. Obviously we don't need any of the cartoon character ice cream. I'm mainly thinking Creamsicles, Choco-Tacos, Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches and Crunch Ice Cream bars. All the favorites from the ice cream man! 

It was pretty easy to convince J and my parents this was the best idea ever. And I had been trying to find something really different for the reception to make it super fun, and I think this will be perfect!! Plus, since J and I both have a major sweet tooth, especially for ice cream, I think it really goes well with our wedding!! Yay for ice cream!!

19 comments:

Kelly said...

So basically I want the same wedding as you.
Pink, green and ice cream :)

Flamingos & Flip Flops said...

so fun!!! what a great idea!

Barefoot in the Park said...

ooo i had this idea a few weeks ago ... LOVE IT. and think of the cute pictures!

Lisa said...

Yummmm!!! (And "coooool!" - pun totally intended!)

Ashley said...

I've always wanted a snow cone machine at mine.

The Pink Chick said...

Fun! What a cute idea!

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

what a fun idea!!

CAC muffin said...

what a delightful idea

Jules said...

This is so fun and different! Your guests will love it...so fun!

I left you an award on my blog :)

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

What a fun and different idea! I love it!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea!

Posh Peach said...

I saw this in a magazine once and it was so cute. Great idea!!!! That will be perfect for your wedding and such a fun touch. Everyone will love it for sure!

Anonymous said...

super cute! you are right, it prob will be HOT. We got married in long island end of Sept & it was suuuper hot. Great idea...& a perfect photo op too!!

Wila (aka Ali) said...

What a great idea!? I love it! And it makes me super jonesing for some ice cream treats :-)

QueenBeeSwain said...

what a fun idea- your guests are going to love the 'scream after they've been showing off their moves on the dance floor! so glad that the choco chip ice cream cookie is included- everyone loves those :)

kHm

Anonymous said...

that's a really cute and creative way to cool off your guests, and who doesn't love ice cream!

Always Organizing said...

So cute!!!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

LOVE this idea!!

Red said...

Oh my gosh, BEST IDEA EVER!!

I wish I had this for my wedding... Its just so fun!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs