Thursday, April 2, 2009

Change of Plans!

So a few posts ago, I talked about my outfit for engagement pictures this Sunday. Well, as usual, I've changed my mind. On Tuesday, I ordered this dress from J.Crew:
So adorable! Love the color and the swiss dot. Anyways, as soon as I ordered it, I started worrying that it wouldn't arrive this week for me to wear Sunday. I even called J.Crew to see if I could change the order to express shipping, but she told me it was too late. She estimated I would get it Monday...good timing huh? 

Well I just got an email saying it will be here TOMORROW!!! YAY! I love J.Crew! Now I'm SUPER excited for pictures. I just couldn't get wearing a dress out of my head. I love dresses and wear them pretty much every day in the spring and summer. So it will be perfect. 

Here's my next dilemma. I want to put a cardigan on over the dress since it will probably still be chilly that morning. What color?? I have a cute grey one, as well as black, white and pink. I'm thinking grey might be best. Maybe navy? I'm still also deciding about shoes. I wonder if I can get away with flip flops :-) I guess I'll have to wait until the dress gets here to try everything on together! So excited!!

Edited to add: Did I mention that I got the dress on the 30% off sale for $41.99!! Fabulous!! And I think I'll wear it for Easter as well! Perfect!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

haha..that Dress has been sitting in my checkout basket as well :) Nice choice! It will look great for your pics!!

Red and White Preppy said...

I love the swiss dot J. Crew dresses :) I have one myself! That'll look very attractive with your coloring!

Posh Peach said...

Oh yay!!!!! I'm so glad you decided on a dress. Love this color, it will look great on you!! I'm thinking a navy cardigan would look good since that is one of your wedding colors. Have fun!!

Legal Preppy said...

Oh great dress choice! It's so pretty. And the color is fantastic!

Always Pretty in Pink said...

I think either a white cardigan, or navy would look cute.

I almost bought that same dress. :)

Mrs. Nurse said...

Very pretty dress. I would probably pair it with white to set it off more. Have fun taking pictures!

Lisa said...

TOTALLY go for white. So many engagement pictures look great with a black and white treatment and you'll want a lot of color/white contrast. Plus, it'll make the color look wonderful!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I have looked at that dress so many times! I love it!! I think that will be super cute for your pictures. I do not however have any suggestions as to what to wear over it...I hope you guys have a great time with the pictures!

Nora said...

I bought that same dress yesterday with the 30% off coupon :)

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs