Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summertime Pie

I'm not much of a baker (is that even a word?). I finally feel pretty comfortable with cooking dinner, so I'm guessing it will be a while before I'm conquering the oven with homemade cakes and cookies. Obviously, I am a HUGE fan of dessert. So I'm always on the hunt for dessert that doesn't require me to bake, measure out too many things and is yummy. I subscribe to the quarterly Kraft Food magazine, which has a ton of very easy and tasty receipes that even a novice chef like myself can make. I came across this recipe in an issue a while ago, tried it, loved it and now it's my go-to summer receipe anytime I need to make a dessert for a party, or just because we're in the mood for pie. It's Lime Chiffon Pie and it really is so simple to make. I prepared it in less than 15 minutes on Monday. Sailor Boy is a huge fan of Key Lime Pie, so this is sort of like that, only easier and much better for you! (I think it has like 120 calories per slice)

LIME CHIFFON PIE:
2/3 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Brand Lime Flavor Sugar Free Low Calorie Gelatin
ice cubes
1/2 cup cold water
1-1/2 tsp. grated lime peel
2 Tbsp. lime juice
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping
1 ready-to-use reduced-fat graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz.)

STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to measure 1 cup. Add to gelatin; stir until ice is completely melted. Stir in lime peel and juice.

ADD whipped topping; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Refrigerate 15 to 20 min. or until mixture is very thick and will mound. Spoon into crust.

REFRIGERATE at least 4 hours or overnight. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.

YUM!!!

Unrelated - J.Crew is now offering 30% off of their final sale items. I ordered a cute top, which I think would work for work and going out. Love it!

No comments:

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs