Tuesday, August 5, 2008

R.I.P.

Rest in Peace Rainbow Flip Flops. You had a good and long life. You were my constant companion these past 9 years. You got me through all 4 years of college, plus all the years afterwards. You were perfectly broken in and dirty. You survived parties, bars, shopping, the beach, the pool, the boat. In the past few months, you've had some close encounters with the dog, including one where she put a hole in your sole. But you overcame and still continued to be my favorite shoes. But yesterday, you weren't so lucky. I couldn't protect you while I was in the shower and now you're gone. Done. Finished. It's really my own fault for leaving you on the floor with the bedroom door open. You probably didn't even see it coming. When I saw you in 60 pieces in the dog bed, I just about died. You didn't even look like a flip flop, just a hunk of brown leather.

But you were a wonderful, comfortable pair of flops these past years. I won't be able to really ever replace you (even though I have already ordered another pair). I will miss you. R.I.P.

1 comment:

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I am so sorry. I've had my rainbows since before I started college too an they have been to three different countries. My puppy has eyed mine a few times but she likes my socks way better than shoes.

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs