Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday, Monday

Our weekend wasn't totally ruined by the mouse (see previous post)...we actually had quite a fun and full weekend. I had 2 weddings at work, but they were both really beautiful and the bride's were both relaxed and awesome! The Saturday bride had a truly preppy wedding...complete with madras ties for the groom and groomsmen, tons of hydrangeas in every color and an adorable cake with blue and white polka dot ribbon! I loved it all!!

Sunday evening we went to a cookout at my BFF K's house...where I ate and drank way too much :-) We took Spencer with us and she had a little "puppy play date", as our friends who also have a 7 month old puppy brought theirs as well. Their dog is a chocolate lab/pit bull mix named Wallace and he's so adorable!! The puppies literally did not stop playing and chasing each other the entire time we were there. To say Spencer was tired this morning was an understatement...we had to drag her out of bed! I wish they could play like that every day...get some of her energy out!! Here's some pics I took of the two of them "wrassling":That last pic is my favorite...they finally got tired and chilled in the grass with their tongues out...so cute!!

I made Texas Caviar to bring to the party, which is one of my favorite party foods for summer. There's so many variations of it and it's just so yummy with chips or crackers. The recipe I use is from Southern Living:

Ingredients

2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (15.8-ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
1 (15.5-ounce) can white hominy, rinsed and drained
1 (8-ounce) jar medium picante sauce
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preparation

Stir together all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill, stirring occasionally, 8 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.

I also tried Paula Dean's zucchini bread recipe and I have to say, I was disappointed. The bread came out super dry...I like my zucchini bread really moist (even though i HATE that word). The recipe called for chocolate chips and I'm so glad I put them in because that was the only thing in the bread to give it any sort of flavor. Usually Paula's recipes (especially her desserts/sweets) are SO good...oh well!

Today is my mom's birthday (Happy Birthday mom!!) so we went out to lunch at this great mexican restaurant near my house. I needed to run some errands after lunch and of course, I spent way too money and didn't really get anything I actually needed. I got the most adorable purple and black print Helen Wang dress at TJ Maxx, for $39! It will be perfect for the end of the summer. I also got amazing brown sling back heels, which I've actually been looking for. I'm still shopping for a few last little touches for the house...we need a few more things to hang on the wall. Sailor Boy's parents are coming for dinner on Sunday, so I want the house to look cute and put together. Guess I'll have to keep shopping!! :-)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Awww what precious puppy faces!

Wila (aka Ali) said...

The mouse story was horrible! I've had 2 similar experiences, in different houses...NEVER fun! I'm looking for some brown heels, too, so I may have to swing into TJ. Always a trap!! :-)

Kate said...

I love that last photo too :)

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs