Monday, July 21, 2008

Little Bit of a freak out

So I may or may not have yelled at Comcast (our cable company) this weekend and Sailor Boy thinks I was WAY out of line and now he's mad because we don't have our tv and internet hooked up yet and it will probably be another few weeks before we get it. Oooops. I was off all weekend (a first for me!) and Sailor Boy left me to go sailing in a regatta...booo. I think I was subconsciously alot more upset about it than I thought because when I woke up on Saturday, I was very pissed that I had to wait for Comcast to come install everything. They are always late and Saturday was no exception. They were supposed to be at the house between 8-11am. So 10am rolls around and I'm laying on the couch with Spencer. I give them a call and they tell me that they can't even give me an estimated time that they will be there. Plus, they were very rude about it. Hmm how lovely. So 11am rolls around -- still no Comcast. At this point, my BFF K has already called (twice) to try and convince me to come to the pool with her.

So I make the executive decision to call Comcast, yell at them (I even cussed...how unladylike!) and tell them not to bother coming. Yeah, I freaked out. Mainly because I knew they were going to be SUPER late and why am I going to waste my first Saturday off in FOREVER to wait for them when I could be at the pool. I was also mad because they were supposed to come LAST Saturday and they were 6.5 hours late (Sailor Boy waited for them last Saturday). Then when they finally showed up last weekend, they told him they couldn't even do anything because the house wasn't wired properly. GRRR. So the appointment was cancelled and I headed to the pool. Well this sort of leaves us back at square one because now we do not have cable or internet and I refuse to wait for them again. And Sailor Boy refuses to wait for them. Interesting predicament. Who knows when we will actually get around to getting it installed. In the meantime, we're reading lots of books and actually spending quality time talking to each other...quite a nice change! I may never get cable at this rate!

We also finished our backyard project, that I mentioned a few weeks ago in this post. We actually put down stepping stones and mini river rock in our little mud pit and it looks great! It took most of Sunday to finish, but I love it! Plus, no more mud!! As soon as we have internet (ha, ha) I will post some pictures of our completed work.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Time Warner Cable is the SAME way... pieces of crap. As a fellow business owner and a girl who knows a lot about services marketing, I'll never understand why they can't grasp the following two concepts:

1)A customer who has been given an approximate wait time perceives the actual wait time to be much short than if they are not given an appoximate time at all.

2)A 30-minute call ahead to let a customer know that their technician is on the way would a: allow you to get out and do stuff you need to do, or b: allow them to service other customers should you need to reschedule.

DUHHHH.

ComcastCares1 said...

Kim,

I apologize for the experience.

I work for Comcast and I would like to offer my assistance. If you are interest in my assistance, please send me the phone number associated on the account so that I can expedite this for you.

Thanks in advance for the opportunity to assist!

Mark C.
Comcast Corp.
We_Can_help@cable.comcast.com

Flamingos & Flip Flops said...

Wow - interesting comment above! Maybe your rant will pay off!

k e r r y said...

Hey... I think your rant paid off. I have in the past had trouble with Comcast but in the last couple of years I have been really pretty impressed with their customer service. You have to rant and speak up when something is bothering you or they won't know when they are not living up to expectations - it's the beauty of the world we live in today with internet and all! Good Luck!!

Lisa said...

Hellllooooo, Time Warner Cable.... are you out there?! Take notes!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs