Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I know how to work a hammer

So we spent Sunday doing projects around the new house. We got blinds at IKEA in the morning and then I "helped" Sailor Boy hang them in the afternoon. By helped, I mean I sat in a chair and watched and handed him tools as he asked for them. After alot of sweat (his) and impatience (mine), we now are the proud owners of 3 set of blinds which are all hanging nicely in the living room windows. I had borrowed a drill from my parents since we didn't have one and Sailor Boy said he needed one to hang the blinds. I went over and grabbed the first one I saw, it happened to be red and it caught my eye because it was so cute. Well apparently it sucks, because it's a swivel headed drill (???), and he couldn't get it to stop swivelling while he went to use it. That resulted in him hand screwing the little things that hold the blinds. Let me tell you, he was not a happy camper. I'm not allowed to pick out the power tools anymore.

We got cute wood vertical blinds from IKEA and I love them...since our house is so WHITE, it's a nice contrast. I'll take pictures soon. I bought adorable curtains to hang...that's on our list to do tonight. They are like a sandy moss color, I think they will look so good. We also got bar stools for our island counter top, which we, of course, have to put together. Sailor Boy is going to stain them this weekend to make them dark wood to match all our other furniture. I'm debating whether to get cushions for them or not. They are not the best quality stools, but for $11.99 each, we couldn't really afford to be picky! I think the stain will help to make them look nicer. I love home projects!!

2 comments:

Red and White Preppy said...

Putting up blinds and curtain rods can be a huuuuge pain! I did them all by hand in my condo when I first moved in (no drill help for me!). I had people who volunteered to help, but I was too stubborn and wouldn't let them :)

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I couldn't imagine having to do that kind of stuff. That is an amazing price on those stools. I can't wait to see pictures of the house!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs