Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Holiday Recap

I'm finally back after a nice, relaxing holiday. I did have to work both Friday the 4th and Saturday, but I was off Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to make a nice little 3 day weekend for myself. I actually did get to leave work early on the 4th, so I was able to come home and watch the fireworks with Sailor Boy and Spencer, which was great. We can see our city's fireworks from the end of our street, so we just walked down there, set up a few lawn chairs, had a bottle of wine and some snacks and it was a great 4th!!

Saturday we went to a bonfire on the beach by our house with some friends, and Spencer had a blast digging in the sand. She's quite the digger.Here's Sailor Boy showing her how it's done, beer in hand and stain on his shirt...god, I love him!
She caught on very quickly...and it's such a good habit for us to teach her!! haha

The rest of the weekend we just got stuff ready for the house and continued packing. We're hopefully going to fully move in this week (fingers crossed!), so I'll be happy to be settled. It's really hard living one place and having most of your stuff somewhere else. Making dinner is quite interesting, let me tell you.

Yesterday when I was off, I went through my closet and finally cleaned stuff out. I got rid of 2 huge garbage bags of stuff, all now in the hands of Goodwill. I still feel like I have a ton of clothes, but what are you going to do? I can't get rid of everything!! In going through everything, I realized that I have a crazy amount of bathing suits....48! No joke...I think I have a problem/obsession with buying them. I do spend a fair amount of time at the pool/beach in the summer, so they don't go unworn, but still. And I would say 95% of them are J.Crew...they just fit me the best. I know I can order one and it will be perfect. But I'm not letting myself buy any new ones this season :-)

Since I have so much more room in my closet now, I decided to check out the J.Crew final sale to see if they had any good deals. Kerry over at More, More, More had blogged a few days ago about the Lisa Dress, and it was even cheaper, so I felt it was my duty to buy it. I got the fresh strawberry color, and I can't wait for it to get here. If Kerry's rave reviews are any indication, I'm sure I will love it!!

We're heading out to look at bbq grills tonight for the new house! Hopefully we can find a good (and cheap) one!

1 comment:

k e r r y said...

can you even believe how cheap it is now? I had to go back and buy the red one to complete my collection - you're going to love it!!

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs