Wednesday, April 2, 2008

So Maybe not...

so alot happened this weekend. Sailor boy and I talked more about getting a dog and we both decided that we felt strongly about adopting a puppy in need rather than going through a breeder (not that there's anything wrong with that - just personally, we want to adopt). So i started doing some pretty intense research and found a shelter in our town that has a good amount of puppies for adoption. I emailed them and got an immediate response, with a list and photos of all the dogs, asking me if I had any in mind. Well i pretty much fell in LOVE with this cute little puppy - a 3 month old beagle pointer mix. So we filled out an application for her and the woman told us that we seemed like wonderful ideal candidates. So we started getting very excited - the dog was healthy, young and seemed just right for us! She probably won't get bigger than 40 pounds, which I think is the perfect size. We got a puppy book, some toys, and started picking out names...


well after 4 days of waiting, the lady delivered the news - REJECTED. They apparently DO NOT think we would be ideal candidates, as we do live in an apartment and our "lifestyle" doesn't seem to match well with getting a puppy. What does that mean?? Apparently since we "work" (even though I work 3 miles from home and come home for lunch EVERY DAY), we wouldn't have enough time to devote to a puppy. I'd like to know who is adopting puppies that stays home ALL the time with them. If you don't work, how can you afford a puppy?? Plus, Sailor Boy and I have sort of unique schedules in that I work Tuesday - Saturday and he works Monday - Friday. So someone would be home 3 days a week!! I think thats better than most people! I am obviously devestated. I cried all day yesterday.


I just feel so frustrated. We wanted to do something good and help save a puppy who has had a hard life and we can't even do that. We may have to put this dog thing on the back burner for a while (probably a long while since we are a ways off from getting a house of our own). I wish the lady hadn't been so positive and got our hopes up. I understand she's just doing her job, but it still sucks. She of course was like "well we do have some other smaller, older dogs that might work for you". Sorry i don't want a consalation prize. I'm not going to settle for any dog...I want the perfect dog for us.


In an effort to make myself feel better, I hit up JCrew's extra 30% off sale this morning online before work. I was tempted to buy it all, but i was VERY good and actually just got 1 very inexpensive thing, but i LOVE it:


Just a plain tank, but it has embroidered pink crabs all over it! Totally in love! It doesn't make up for the puppy, but it's a start...

No comments:

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs